Sunday, March 8, 2015

Bridesmaid Mini Books

When it comes to asking your bridesmaids to be a part of your wedding, there are dozens of creative ideas out there in the world of Pinterest and wedding blogs. I wanted to do something that was creative but meaningful,customized bobbleheads, and that could be a keepsake for my girls to know how much they mean to me. The idea that I came up with was…mini photo books!

Personal photo

I made each girl (Maid of Honor A, Bridesmaid G, and Bridesmaid L) their own mini book using MyPublisher. These mini books are tiny,customize bobblehead, only 3.5 x 2.75″, and have 20 pages. They cost only $2.99 each.

Personal photo

I wrapped each book up using a gift box from jewelry and a variety of craft supplies I had on hand in my stash. Mr. Tractor calls me a craft hoarder, but it always comes in handy for small projects like this!

Personal photo

To lay out each book, I used the MyPublisher software, which you download to your computer. The font that I used is a free font called Young and Beautiful. When designing your book,customize bobblehead, make sure you pay special attention to the margins on each page—one of my text pages got cut off because it was outside the “safe zone.”

Personal photo

I collected photos of my girls and me together from my own personal collection,personalized bobblehead, as well as Facebook. Did you know there’s an easy way to find photos in which you and a friend are tagged together on Facebook? Just go to your friend’s profile, click on the “…” button on the top right, and then click “See Friendship.” Once you are on your Friendship page, you can click on “Photos” on the left hand side,custom bobblehead, and you will see only photos that you and that friend are tagged in together.

On a few photos (particularly those borrowed from Facebook), I received a warning within the software that the photo was low quality. I would typically advise against this, but I figured since the books were so small, they would turn out fine,personalized bobbleheads, so I went ahead and used those photos anyway. They were a little fuzzy,custom bobblehead, but I don’t think it diluted the sentiment of the project.

Personal photo

I wanted to combine both text and photos for these books, in order to tell a little bit of each friend’s story and what she means to me. I didn’t see an option in the MyPublisher software to create text pages, so I quickly laid out text pages in Photoshop (you can also use a free program like PicMonkey) and saved them as images. Then I was able to upload them into the software as if they were photos. I won’t bore you with the full text of my books, but each one basically had a little story of how we met and some cute and funny sayings, and ended with, “,.;Will you be my bridesmaid,PS3 Repair Guide � How To Fix Your PS3 With A Repairing Guide,personalized bobble heads?”

Personal photo

In general, I was very happy with the quality of the mini books and my experience with MyPublisher. The software takes a little getting used to—I definitely spent a few hours organizing and tweaking my books. I was also a little confused with the ordering process,personalized bobblehead, because apparently you cannot place one order for three different books; you have to order each one separately and pay separate shipping and handling for each. In the end,,, each $2.99 book ended up costing $4.23, which I think is a completely reasonable cost for this project.

My girls totally loved their books, and they all said yes!

How did you “propose” to your bridal party?

Tags: bridesmaiddiypeabody BLOGGER Miss Tractor Location: Boston, MA Occupation: Occupational therapist Venue: Smith Barn at Brooksby Farm --> PREVIOUS POSTDress-Shopping Adventures: The Shopping Begins NEXT POSTTotal Re-Collie: The Days Before… Related Posts Save Our Date and Tips for Saving Yours02/06/15 @ 10:37 am Bonus Tip: Do As I Say,custom bobbleheads, Not As I Do02/11/15 @ 10:43 am Gifting the MOG02/10/15 @ 1:32 pm Building Our Bridal Party III: Inviting the Maids & the Men10/21/14 @ 6:41 am

No comments:

Post a Comment